During the Window & Door Dealers Alliance (WDDA) Dealers Forum, held Sept. 10 in Las Vegas, dealers gathered to discuss trends affecting the window and door market. The event was held in conjunction with GlassBuild America: The Glass Window and Door Expo, and kicked off with an opening general session presented by Toby Morrison, Metrostudy, covering the fenestration financial forecast.
Among the wealth of statistics he provided to attendees, Morrison reported the top 10 markets for windows remodeling. According to Metrostudy’s Residential Remodeling Index, those markets are as follows:
- Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Rochester, New York
- Raleigh, North Carolina
- Atlanta/Sandy Springs/Roswell, Georgia
- Cincinnati, Ohio
- Philadelphia/Camden/Wilmington areas of Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Delaware, and Maryland
- San Antonio/New Braunfels, Texas
- Buffalo/Cheektowaga/Niagara Falls, New York
- Baltimore/Columbia/Towson, Maryland
- Birmingham/Hoover, Alabama
Morrison’s overall outlook for the window and door industry was very positive. Further coverage of the entire forecast will be available at www.windowanddoor.com.