Dr. Jeff Dietrich of ITR Economics returns to the Glazing Executives Forum today, where he will address current and future economic trends and their effects on the glass and metals industry. In the current business cycle (2014-2018), Dietrich advises companies consider taking the following actions:
- Assess capacity (internal/suppliers) to meet increasing demand.
- Hire. Train. Build Incentives. Focus on retention of key employees.
- Increase line of credit. Expand credit to clients.
- Improve efficiencies to protect margins.
- Build the brand.
- Know price accelerators ahead of rising interest rates and inflation.
- Answer the “what next question” (new products, services or markets).
- Look for counter-cyclical and developing markets.
- Succession: sell business in a climate of good will.
For more from Jeff Dietrich’s presentation, look for additional coverage in future issues of Glass Magazine. And for those of you in Las Vegas, register onsite at the Las Vegas Convention Center, room N250 to attend the Glazing Executives Forum and hear Dietrich’s presentation in its entirety.